The Professional Convention Management Association and The Incentive Conference & Event Society Asia-Pacific, now jointly known as PCMA-ICESAP, is set to launch a series of new developments to support the business events community in Asia-Pacific.
Announced at the Asia-Pacific Incentives and Meetings Expo (AIME) held last week in Melbourne, ICESAP members will now receive the same benefits enjoyed by PCMA members. This includes private community access, member discount for PCMA events and 100+ OnDemand education session, as well as exclusive digital content.
In addition, PCMA-ICESAP will roll-out a series of local education and networking events across six markets in APAC, along with its annual conference.
The organisation also announced the appointment of its 2018 regional advisory board, where the number of regional vice presidents has doubled from three to six. This year’s regional vice presidents are:
- Australasia/Pacific: Aileen London, senior manager, global meeting services JAPAC, Oracle Corporation
- Southeast Asia: Erica Hegarty, head of sales, Asia-Pacific, Pacific World
- South Asia: Vishal Dhale, sales rewards & recognition head, Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
- China: Alicia Yao, managing director, IME Consulting
- Hong Kong/Macau/Taiwan: Darren Chuckry, managing director, Uniplan Hong Kong
- Japan/South Korea: Shogo Kaneda, event planner, Japan Management Association
PCMA-ICESAP president, Nigel Gaunt, said: “We are delighted to have this talented group of professionals driving our member and greater audience engagement in the region. Since PCMA acquired ICESAP, we have developed a number of new initiatives including more than 12 regional education and networking events in 2018.”
“Our regional vice presidents will be instrumental in collaborating not only on events but all our enhanced member benefits and services. To ensure they have the capacity to take on the scope of the role, they are recruiting regional panel members from local PCMA-ICESAP members in each of the six regions to support their local initiatives.”
PCMA also announced it has merged the ICESAP and PCMA’s regional advisory boards, creating one board for PCMA APAC. The 2018 regional board will be led by Oscar Cerezales, COO Asia Pacific, MCI Group.